The AS9100D standard specifies the Quality Management System requirements for organizations that design, develop or manufacture aviation, space, and defense products. The AS9100 standard is an SAE document developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG).
This standard includes ISO 9001:20152 quality management system requirements and specifies additional aviation, space, and defense industry requirements, definitions, and notes.
It is emphasized that the requirements specified in this standard are complementary (not alternative) to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
If there is a conflict between the requirements of this standard and customer or applicable statutory or regulatory requirements, the latter shall take precedence.
- AS 9100 improve your internal processes to maintain high-end quality and achieve customer expectations
- Implementing the AS9100 standard requires that business processes are monitored to improve efficiency, make continual improvements and improve productivity
- Ensure product safety and reliability
- Improve the balance sheet and profitability
- Enhance global marketability